Monday 30 December 2013

Top 10 Books of 2013!



My personal pick for the Top 10 Books that I read in 2013! 

First off let me start by saying "Wow! Was this ever hard to do!" You think it would be easy but no way! With the help of GoodReads I was reminded of some of the fabulous reads that I had read earlier this year. Even at this very moment this still feels like a daunting task and I am now waiting for the moment of "How did I forget that one?" Anyway here they are in no particular order......





Because I was unable to actually narrow it down to Ten Books I decided to be sneaky and create a new author section. Sarah Jio I just found this last year and I love her books. Blackberry Winter was my first and my favourite. FYI! If you post a comment on her books on GoodReads she responds... so wickedly awesome! I love Philippa Gregory and especially any book that involves the River family. I must check out my family tree and see if some how I am related to them! 


Yes I am being sneaky again..... self help just can't go in a Top 10 List so I decided that they get their own category as well. After all this is my blog and I get to make my own rules.... for the love of books give me a break! 





If you have read any of these books I would love to hear your thoughts minus spoiler alerts! If this list prompts you to pick one of these books up, please let me know. If you are a book lover which most likely you are if you got this far down the page then come on over to www.facebook.com/noveltease and give us a like!





4 comments:

  1. Just finished The Glass Castle and loved it.....this hit home a few times which was inspiring to see what I have become no matter what the obstacles have been. You are very inspiring and I am so proud of you. Love Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandparents recommended it to me. Obstacles either make or break us and you definitely turned the negatives to a positive! Love you too!

      Delete
  2. It feels like I am stalking you! I have read 4 of these books - Harold Fry (I loved him!), Light Between the Oceans (heartbreaking!), Glass Castle, and Midwife of Venice. They would all make my top ten list, too. I would have to add The Book Thief (probably my favourite this year!), and I just finished Arranged ( a quick light read, predictable, but fun). I enjoyed The Paris Wife and Jessica Jones is Sick of Being Married (some scenes had me laughing out loud o my beach chair in Cuba last spring). Night Road is on my shelf and I just started French Silk. Thanks for sharing your love of reading! Cheers!! From Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! You and I have always been on a similar road for books. The Paris Wife just missed making my Top Ten it was a close one. Looking forward to diving into the Book Thief and you will have to let me know what you think of French Silk I haven't heard of that one. Oh the love of books!

      Delete