Tuesday 24 January 2012

Top 10 Marathons Worth Travelling For....

Forbes magazine just posted their Top 10 marathons worth travelling for and no big surprise that Big Sur is on the list!!! Funny enough this last Sunday I clicked in that I should maybe take a look at the route to see how hilly it is?! My other thought while completing this training is how I am ready for pretty much anything Mother Nature can send my way except a major rainfall but I think my years on the Island I can survive that. Well ha ha ha ha!! kick me in the ass if this is the description they post on the site

"California’s most beautiful drive is the route for this foot race. You’ll hug the coast on Highway One from Big Sur all the way down to Carmel. The hills and the headwinds are difficult, but the gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean serve as inspiration to keep going. The point-to-point course tends to sell out year after year, so if you’re looking to conquer the hilly terrain, book early."

All I can say is "seriously" - I guess I better start getting some hills in there too! LOL!!! California Headwinds have nothing on this Lethbridgian!!



No comments:

Post a Comment